Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lately Internet has become a bitch for me, really really badly.




Consider the money the people pay for the good service and the fact Malaysia list telcos with Fiberoptic wires technology available, it is strange that it should be so slow.

Despite having the technology, Malaysia is YET to utilize fiberoptic technology for connection issues.

To date, the fastest download speed for me is 115kb/s WHICH IS FUCKING 20 years behind the times.

Here is a shocking discovery:

ZERG COUNTRY KOREA: 16mbps download rates, connection able to withstand 100 person simultaneous gaming.

America: 14mbps at least!

China: 10mbps NO PROBLEM

1mb = 1000kb

WE DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE

WHEN ARE WE EVER GONNA EVOLVE FROM APES WITH THINKING ISSUES TO TECHNOLOGICALLY SAVVY HUMAN BEINGS WITH BRAINS NOT THE SIZE OF PEAS?

I mean... damn, we are slow.
so slow it hurts to mention it, have we no pride? I thought we were competing for Vision 2020, 10 years left guys, aren't you gonna do something about it?

Here is a list of problems you might consider:

1. The SMART Tunnel : it still leaks.
2. Penang doesn't have roads that are UPDATED to meet the current level of traffic since 100 years ago. Traffic has increased by TENFOLD, and Penang has KL-level jam, but not the roads to meet demands.
3. We still are using telco line broadbands, wow, that is 10 years behind the times. AND here we are talking about attracting investors, with this lag, I say the only investors we can attract are the ones looking to exploit cheap labor, and that is what it has always been.
4. OH HEY look, CHINA HAS MAGLEV, we are STILL USING COAL TRAINS, and our KTM is breaks down so often you can't count with the fingers on your hands PER WEEK. That is more than >10 times per week! 30 years ago Malaysia is said to be leading Asia to new heights, look where we are now. (Neighboring Singapore... oh my, look at what they have!)
4.5 IT STILL TAKES >9 hours to go from KL to Penang by train.  LOL TRAIN TOURISM, our newspapers reported, I doubt it.
5. Oil Subsidy hooray, let's sub the rich some more and force the poor to pay more. come May, hip hooray.
6. You know about that plan to utilize the Malaysian Super Information Highway? It never happened.
7. Our Taxis are still charging exorbitant rates for a 6km journey.
8. Our education system still can't decide if English is the better language. Spoilers: IT IS.

etc etc

I should say more
but then I will get persecuted by THE LAW.
Apparently voicing your opinion is not allowed, I should move to Korea, at least the communists have Starcraft.

Heck, at this rate, even Australia is better than this third world country.
and YES, I am not very proud of this country, which I live in.

I would like to love you, but you are making it very hard for me.

1 comment:

  1. 1mbit is actually ~125 kilobytes. The average American prob utilize 1.5-3 mbit since its much more affordable than 5mbit+

    I am using 3mbit and my highest is 300kb

    ReplyDelete

Please write with care, don't want to offend anyone where possible, take it easy! posting is encouraged.